Re: [Question #685222]: updating properties for an existing contact

Marco Previtali posted a new comment:
Apparently I cannot modify comments. My last post was aimed at Robert
Caulk.

@Jan Stránský
> most contact laws are derived from ElasticContactLaw.cpp, which uses (1)
My bad, I was looking at IPhys and mixed it up.

> Is there any build-in method to do so in Yade or I need to implement (2) with python?
> Is storing the previous state of each contact the most reasonable solution if you are not too worried about efficiency?
This is what I was planning to do. I am not confident in my ability to do this in a timely manner with C++.

@Bruno Chareyre
The question I should have asked was: is there a law independent method to obtain the described incremental behavior.
I was aware some laws already do this for certain variables, but I wanted to know if an "universal" solution existed, which is the reason I did not specify the laws/models I am using.
I will edit the first post.

Thank you all.

Marco