Re: [Question #685502]: cpm model tensile contact breakage

> ... exponential softening ... value of the damage variable is equal to
1 ...

because of the exponential law, value 1 is the limit, but the value is never 1 (although could be very close to 1).
Maybe for very high tensile strain because of round-off errors it can be 1 or slightly higher, but it should not be usual case.

> My problem is ,what will happen to the tensile contact after when it
is subjected to fully damage(omega=1)?

nothing (see above).
If the damage is higher than omegaThreshold, the contact is deleted.
(the default value omegaThreshold=1 means that contacts are not deleted even for very high damage - because it should not be 1 or higher)

> I couldn't understand the lines in .cpp file with assert(body1),
assert(body2).since if we want to use assert function in c++, there
should be an expression.

body1 is a pointer to a Body instance. It can be nullptr, the assertion
is that body1 and body2 are not nullptr.

cheers