Re: [Question #685862]: About transverse strain

AnnaMaria posted a new comment:
Thanks for your response Jérôme Duriez (jduriez).
I read in [1], as Jan Stránský (honzik) suggested that you have
to to define which particles are "suitable" for the computation.
That very near the axis had negative influence, as well as those "crushed away" from the surface and flying away. I choose those roughly half-way from the axis to surface.
Can I do this with aabbDim()? Choose those half-away?
Access a region within the cylinder?
utils.aabbDim(cutoff=0.0, centers=False)

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/657114

Thanks