Re: [Question #685885]: Problem with the combined engine

> I'm new with Yade

welcome :-)

> I still have an issue about the global variables

please read [1] and next time try:
- to be more specific (like including the error message in the question)
- include a MWE (W=working). If external files (like too.stl file) is involved, try to include it in the question, or preferably not use it and e.g. create a few facets manually instead (if the problem is not related to the stl file). Without it, we cannot try the code ourselves..

I guess the problem is that transEngine is not defined in
updateParameters() function. You call it, but you do not define it
anywhere in the script and Python interpreter has no clue what it is..

Try one of these:

a) set label to TranslationEngine when it is created
... TranslationEngine(..., label='transEngine')

b) create TranslationEngine before O.engines and then add the instance to CombinedKinematicEngine
transEngine = TranslationEngine(...)
O.engines = [
   CombinedKinematicEngine(...) + transEngine + ...

c) define transEngine in updateParameters() from combEngine content
transEngine = combEngine.comb[0]
transEngine.translationAxis = velVec
transEngine.velocity = tranVel

cheers