[Question #687331]: How does the orientation of particle work in YADE?

Hey,

I read about the orientation of particle from the document but the description is not explicit.
It says that the orientation is represented by a quaternion, which could be denoted as ((x, y, z),w).  But how is each component defined?
1. In mathematics, each of the component of the quaternion ranges from -1 to 1, and x**2+y**2+z**2+w**2=1. Is that true in YADE? is the w component a radians or a real number?
2. If I input a orientation out of the range ,let's say, a.state.orientation=(10,10,10,10),how will the code responds?

Thanks a lot !