Re: [Question #686679]: escaping particles during compression

Wojciech Sobieski is still having a problem:
sorry for external links, but I wanted to add a screenshot.

I resolved the problem by decreasing the Young modulus and the density
of the spheres material. However, I do not understand one thing. In DEM
a lot of discussions is related to model contacts and physical
phenomena. But, if I try to create a virtual bed representing a real
sample with relatively small porosity (but the same like in the
measurements - in others words I know, that such a bed is possible in
real world), than it is very difficult with the use of real material
properties. And if I decrease the Young modulus and/or the material
density, than my model becomes unrealistic. In this context: why I
should care about proper contact models at all? With wrong material
data, these models do not will work correctly. I am wrong? Is there
another way to obtain beds with small porosity, but with the use of
realistic properties of used materials? I found in the
TriaxialStressController a parameter called thickness (I thought that
maybe ma walls are too thin). However, if I try to increase its value
(now I have 0), than I have an error during simulations. Maybe I should
do something with time step. Could somebody give mi some tips?

Regards from Poland,

Wojtek.