Re: [Question #688078]: Assinging a mass to a particle and applying displacment BC

1.
Yade has no units, it just computes numbers.
It is a good practise to have input units in basic units (m, kg, s, N, Pa, ..), then you are sure your output is also basic units

2.
basically you can put is anywhere :-)
You should put it where you need it.
E.g. if you want to set initial velocity of a body, you should put the velocity-setting-code somewhere after the body creation and before the first O.step/O.run command.

3.
> I don't understand b.state.blockedDOFs = "xyz"

b.state.blockedDOFs = "xyz" means that displacement degrees of freedom
are blocked in x, y and z directions (blocked = interactions and
external forces does not change velocity)

> Lets say I want a fixed velocity of 3m/s in the x and y direction. How
do I do that.

b.state.blockedDOFs = "xy"
b.state.vel = (3,3,0)

this would make x and y velocity components be constant regardless
interactions. z velocity component will change according to interaction
forces.

cheers