Re: [Question #688070]: save the evolution of the average kinetic energy of the grains and their average distance

Jan Stránský requested more information:
What version of Yade and Python you are using?

> e=kineticEnergy()/n

this is int value in Python2 and a float value in Python3. If you use
Python2, maybe the value is changing, but it is rounded to the value of
2..

> O.engines=O.engines+[NewtonIntegrator(...)]

be aware, that you already have NewtonIntegrator in your O.engines, you
have two integrators after this command, does not sound OK..

> fil.write('%d %.3f\n' % (e,x_g/n))

I guess it crashes on something like "e is not defined"

> for b in O.bodies:
>    plot.addData(i=O.iter,e=kineticEnergy()/n,**O.energy) #energy kenetic

I would put this line outside the "for b in O.bodies". It just uselessly
add the same data 7200 times..

Please follow Robert's suggestion about MWE.
I have tried your code, but the first part "freezes" (is just too slow) around iter 20900 (ironically it should save the final state at iter 21000)

cheers