Re: [Question #688165]: Error after pressing the "Play" button

> the data ... will be increased based on the deformation we are getting
in 3Dshow window?

I would say it oppositely, the 3Dshow is based on "data".
But yes, clearly, running the simulation (pressing play or writing O.run) changes the its state - it is the meaning of running :-)

> the data in output files (let say we have a text output file) will be
increased

it strongly depends on the script.
**In this specific case**:
- you have PyRunner calling history() in O.engines
- after Play, history() stores more data by plot.addData
- BUT after play, it DOES NOT do any saving, so your data output files will not change
- you can also add saving (plot.saveDataTxt) to history(), then it would change data files / create new files after Play

> I am not sure when the analysis is finished? after running the code or
after pressing the "Play" button and waiting for deformation.

The simulation is finished at the time you want it to be finished :-)
Some scripts define just initialization and assume user to further interact (pressing play).
Some scripts define the initial state and also some running, possibly to the desired final state.
Some scripts may be combination of both.

I **guess** that this simulation is intended to be finished, when ****END**** is printed.
But you may want it to be finished at a different time, it really is up to you.

**My** opinion and usage of Play button:
- use GUI (3D view and play/step buttons) in the phase when you are creating and tuning the simulation
- for "production" scripts, do not use GUI. The script should be "self-defined", relying on well defined stop conditions and running without your interactions. Then you can smoothly automate the running or use yade-batch for batch simulations

cheers