Re: [Question #688197]: Shear loading

> uniaxial force

usually it is called normal (force, direction, component...) rather than
uniaxial

1) because Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom computes normal force according to penetration depth, which is
penetrationDepth = radius1 + radius2 - distanceOfCenters
and since distance of centers changes, penetrationDepth and thus normal force changes

3+4) your Matlab model is probably "more simple" (does not take into
account the actual centers' distance, only its normal projection),
basically based on different assumptions/formulation. Therefore you get
different results.

> I read [1], but I want something with more detail.

read not only a short part, but rather the whole section Kinematic variables [3]. IMO there is enough details. I am not sure if some papers give more details.
Anyway, the source code is the best source how to investigate what really is computed :-) normal component [4] and shear components [5] (not only the referenced line, but also the code around).

cheers
Jan

[3] https://yade-dem.org/doc/formulation.html#kinematic-variables
[4] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/blob/master/pkg/dem/Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom.cpp#L39