Re: [Question #688195]: permeability model

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

>>"Vh==NULL!! id=6 Point=0.08606 0.0994361 0.0201042 rad=0.0048993"

Decrease the time step.

>>if the packing should be bounded by walls then I should have the
packing in a cylindrical wall, not in a box?

That really depends on what you are trying to simulate. From an
algorithmic perspective, it does not need walls (see boundaryUseMaxMin
comment below).

>>so if I want my packing to have pressure on the top surface I should
have: flow.bndCondIsPressure=[0,0,0,0,0,1]. Correct?

Yes.

>>So if I want water to pass the bottom surface (zmin) and to get the
flux at zmin I think I should have zmin turned to 1 in the
"flow.bndCondIsPressure []", correct?

Yes.

>>flow.boundaryUseMaxMin=[0,0,0,0,1,1]

This command tells yade to use walls or max min coordinates to create
the bounding spheres [2]. Right now, you are telling yade to use the
wall locations for x y and use max min for z. Instead, use
flow.boundaryUseMaxMin=[0,0,0,0,0,0] since you have 6 walls.

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/blob/master/examples/FluidCouplingPFV/oedometer.py
[2]https://yade-dev.gitlab.io/trunk/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.FlowEngine.boundaryUseMaxMin