[Question #688343]: Slow calculation speed with a large number of facets imported from stl mesh

Hi. Now i am simulating a case where spherical particles are spreading on a substrate imported from a stl mesh. The number of the spherical particles is 6,000 and the number of the facets from stl mesh is 447,262.  The calculation speed is low as 2~4 iter/s.

I had tried to use more threads by the command of "yade -j4 myscript.py", however, i got the warning that there are fewer particles nad only some threads are used.

Since the thread option doesn't work, i am wondering how to deal with a large number of facets to increase calculation speed?

P.S. My system is ubuntu 18.04, yade version is 2018.02 and my cpu is intel i7-8or9 (quite new one, 12 threads in total).