Re: [Question #688343]: Slow calculation speed with a large number of facets imported from stl mesh

> spherical particles is 6,000 and the number of the facets from stl mesh is 447,262.
> i am wondering how to deal with a large number of facets to increase calculation speed?

decrease the number of facets :-)
Is it possible/reasonable to use a coarser mesh? E.g. removing or merging facets significantly smaller than spheres?

In principal, I think it could be possible to make if faster adjusting
the source code (like storing and evaluating strictly fixed bodies
differently than dynamic bodies), but definitely it will not be "out of
the box".

cheers