[Question #688544]: Scientific background of YADE, contact law and softening

Hello everyone,

Regarding the scientific background of Yade, I want to find the answer of 2 following questions more than the documentation of YADE:

1-  About the theory of plasticity which has been used in "Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack()" function.
2- In the stress-strain curve I get from the simulation, I get it as a dense specimen curve with a peak state and steady-state.  I am wondering what is the criterion to go for softening after the peak state of the stress-strain curve.

Thank you,
Ehsan