Re: [Question #688681]: Contact laws and Input stiffness directly rather than young parameter

ehsan benabbas is still having a problem:
Hello

Thank you, Jan. As it's been mentioned in [1], this method leads to a SO
LONG (more than 3 weeks) running time as I faced before. The problem of
the long-run is the "young" parameter. When I calculate the "young"
based on Kn, "young" will be a relatively high number, however, If I use
"ViscElMat", the code with 20000 particles will be run less than 15
minutes. If I want to have the same run-time with "FrictMat" I need to
forget about my desire Kn and use the value of "young" that Bruno
already has used in his based code of triaxial test. I was wondering
setting cn = cs = 0 in "ViscElMat" gives me the same result as
"FrictMat" as the density of specimen has not changed (because of the
specimen which is the same as when I used "FrictMat") and I should get
the same behavior. For example, if I get the peak behavior (dense
sample) with "FrictMat" maybe I get the same with "ViscElMat", which
this did not happen.

[1]  https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/679638