Re: [Question #688980]: Calling MATLAB from YADE

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Dear Poyan,
There can be many reasons for such a segfault unfortunately.
I have absolutely no experience with interfacing matlab and python.
BUT, your test script suggests a library problem I think. Random ideas:

1. is it possible to reproduce the segfault _without_ yade, by importing
the most obvious python dependencies of yade: matplotlib, numpy, ...
such things.

2. could it be that matlab ships its own version of libraries like
cholmod or lapack (I wouldn't be surprised, and then segfault because
the same library has two versions)?

3. could you try the same thing with a debug build of yade? a debug
build of matlab? At least you would know where the crash comes from.

4. possible workaround: instead of starting yade as a program, start
python and import yade (so you can e.g. load matlab first, then yade).
All you need to do that is to create a symlink to yade executable that
you'll name *.py.  See an example here [1].

I hope it helps.

Bruno