Re: [Question #688400]: Energy of the body is very high, defying gravity and normal stress - cpm material

Akm is still having a problem:
Sorry to bring this problem up again. I thought the 'flying up'
phenomenon was due to very high tensile strength. But even when I use
strengths of 0.8Mpa, I still can see that the sample rebounds and flys
up, thus losing contact with the bottom box. I could verify it in two
ways :

1. Seeing the images in ParaView - the upper box was literally up in the air without any contact with the lower box.
2. Mathematically, the residual shear strength should be "Normal stress*tan(phi)". But the residual went to zero.

Even when I do the same code for just Direct shear where I have a plain
interface, there is the same behaviour. The top sample is losing contact
with the bottom sample at any cost. Can't we model the direct shear of
two rigid bodies using Cpmmat?

I tried using JCFPm as well but could see the same results. Can someone
please guide me into this?

Thanks,
Arun