Re: [Question #688979]: period triaxial test under cyclic shear load

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Hello,

>  I would like to ask why under cyclic shear load, the vertical
effective stress(stress[2,2]) remains almost constant (about 100kpa)
instead of decreasing.

I have almost no experience with simulation and experiments of this, but why should the vertical stress decrease?
E.g. in the case of elastic isotropic material, shear deformation would have no influence on normal stress..

cheers