Re: [Question #688979]: period triaxial test under cyclic shear load

yangsiyuan is still having a problem:
Thanks for your reply, I still have 3  questions about my code and
simultion. I hope you can help fix it.

1. How to apply the shear stress of zx surface to the sample. Is it
possible to use O.cell.velGrad=Matrix3(0,0,-0.01,0,0,0,0,0,0) to control
the shear strain rate and periodically change the direction to produce
cyclic shear stress?

2. During the consolidation phase, 100kpa's confining pressure is
generated through stressmask=7 and goal of  peritriaxcontroller engine.
But  the shearing phase is implemented directly through O.cell.velGrad.
This process does not change the engine's goal and stressmask, is it for
this reason that the effective stress keeps unchanged at 100kpa during
the shear process? What is the solution?

3. How to control the volume of the sample to remain unchanged in the
periodic boundary?  I used the peritriaxcontroller engine to simulate
the undrained triaxial test. If the shear stress is applied to the zx
surface, how can the volume be controlled unchanged? In materials we
learn that pure shear volume does not change. Is there any need for
control here?

By the way ,Sand is not elastic material, granular material has shear
volume deformation, if the volume remains constant, so theoretically the
effective stress should change.

cheers
ysy