Re: [Question #688979]: period triaxial test under cyclic shear load

yangsiyuan is still having a problem:
Thanks for your reply!

as for the solution  I have mentioned in question 2. if I want to study
the effects of cyclic shear stress  on the effective stress during  the
shearing phase under the  undrained condition, The stressMask should be
equal to 0 instead of 7, Otherwise the effective stress will remain
constant at 100kpa.

Due to the shear strain rate is applied, the volume will remain unchanged, so there's no need to deliberately set triax.strain rate
in peritriaxcontroller Engine(just stressMask =0 satisfies the requirements).  Am I right?

As for the change of effective stress, it still depends on many factors,
such as the degree of density of the sample. If it is relatively dense,
the effective stress will increase, while if it is relatively loose, the
effective stress will gradually decrease.

Thank you very much!