[Question #689058]: How to achieve a twisting/bending-caused bond break in Yade?

Hi everybody,

I want to firs describe my current studies background.I am simulating a dynamic scenario: investigating how the rock breaks after impacting with the ground. You know that when a rock impacts the ground with high speed it will splits up into several blocks, but the size/velocity/shape/energy etc. distribution of the split blocks remain unclear.  So the JCFpm seems a promising tool. But the problem is that after a month's try, I could not make the block which is made up of thousands of particles break in a reasonable way.
Theoretically, a rock will break up into several parts with certain volume. But when using JCFpm, if the bond strength is high,  only several outside particles will detach from the main body ,and if the strength is low, the whole agglomerate will not rebound( looks like glued onto the plane and collapse). In other words, the agglomerate will not split into several blocks. No major crack is found either.
After consulting with some scholars they suggest that this result could stem from the lacking of bending and twisting in bond failure criterion and also the compression failure is common in rock fragmentation. However, to my best knowledge, such feature has not been implemented in Yade yet.
And set aside others' suggestions:
1. What do you think could contribute to the "not able to break into blocks" problem? Is there any suggestion? I am really into Yade and I do not want to switch to BPM in PFC now.
2.  Is it easy to add the contribution of twisting and bending in CFm after several days' efforts?( since JCFpm does not support bending and twisting while CFM only considers tension and shear break)

Thanks!

Jasper