[Question #689086]: Coordination Number

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to evaluate the mean coordination number (mean number of contact of a bunch of particle) of a packing. I have not written down the code yet, but the idea is that, during the simulation, there will be several generations of spheres with the make cloud option. These spheres, after some steps  and thanks to gravity (similarly to a pinball), will finally end in one of two different top-opened boxes. I'd like to know the coordination number of the spheres that will end in the first of the two boxes which is, i.e.:

geom.facetBox((0,0,0),(d,l,s),wallMask=31)

Basically, can you suggest me how to evaluate the mean number of concact of a group of spheres contained in a specific volume?

Thank you