Re: [Question #689086]: Coordination Number

> I can't understand how I could define the condition of being in the
box I want.

please be more specific what you can't understand (principles, how to code it, how to use values from yade, ...).
It also pretty much depends on what "box" actually is.

> which is the difference between intrs() and avgNumInteractions?

documentation [2,3] is clear IMO. The main difference is returned type:
- b.intrs() returns a **list of interactions**
- avgNumInteractions() returns average **number** of interactions per particle

the other difference is domain considered:
- b.intrs() deals with one body
- avgNumInteractions() deals with all bodies (hence not suitable for your task)

cheers
Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Body.intrs
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.utils.html#yade.utils.avgNumInteractions