Re: [Question #690521]: Exponential softening shear force after peak- model implementation

Description changed to:
Dear all,

I'm trying to obtain an exponential softening shear behavior (damage-plasticity) after peak stress instead of Mohr-coulomb failure with cohesion which is currently implemented CPM model in Yade.
shear stress will be calculated as follows,

sigma_S= k_s*(1-D)*(Us-Us_Pl) where D is scalar damage variable and
sigma_S,Us, Us_Pl are vectors

D=1- exp(-|Us_pl|/constant);  where , |*|  : maginitude

and yield criteria is

F=|sigma_S|- Cohesion*(1-D)  ,  cohesion is scalar value say ,1e6 like
that

from yield function F, I can calculate the scalar value of plastic shear displacement, but the problem is how to update the plastic shear displacement vector?

Could you please help me to solve this issue?