Re: [Question #690546]: How to quickly reduce unbalancedForce to approximate 0?

Vasileios Angelidakis proposed the following answer:
Hi Jie,

This is strange. Calm [1] only resets the translational and angular velocity (and the angular momentum), it does not reset forces.
The warning you get comes from [2], which tells you that you have no contact forces (hence the particles pass through boundaries) but I cannot understand why this happens. "Calm" alone cannot cause this behaviour. In order to be more helpful, I need a MWS to reproduce this.

All the best,
Vasileios

[1] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/blob/master/pkg/dem/Shop_02.cpp#L921-934
[2] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/blob/master/pkg/dem/KnKsPBLaw.cpp#L626