Re: [Question #690815]: CPU random generator warning

whr confirmed that the question is solved:
Thank you, Robert and Janek.

>Robert,
I tested Python, it's able to generate different random number with your suggested code.

I didn't know the bug in makeCloud then. I noticed somebody on Internet
said AMD tested their CPU on ubuntu 18.04 so I reinstalled my OS to
18.04. Although the RDRND bug persist (tested with a code from
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/10/how-a-months-old-amd-microcode-
bug-destroyed-my-weekend/), I compiled yade-2020.01a without warning and
it worked fine now, including makeCloud.

>Janek,
Thanks for the info. Since makeCloud in yade-2020.01a works fine in ubuntu 18.04, I assume it's not affected by the bug you mentioned and I cannot test a newer version of yade on ubuntu 20.04 now. BTW, based on my understanding of seed, if it's ignored makeCloud should generate different set of particles with same seed?

Yade works fine on my desktop now, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea
to move to ThreadRipper now. ;)

Thanks,
Huanran