Re: [Question #691009]: et for ViscElMat with Law2_ScGeom_ViscElPhys_Basic, bug or feature?

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

Thanks a lot for the clear description and the minimal working example
:-).

>FWIW, The fact that et is ignored is mentioned in the documentation for
Law2_ScGeom_ViscElPhys_Basic, but the fact that you get elastic behavior
if et is omitted is not.

Can you please link to where it says this? I cannot see it.

I admit I have not used this law but looking at the source code, et is
used to compute cs and ks [1], which are both used to compute the torque
[2].

Possible reasons you see no effect:
Your frictionAngle in your script is zero which might mean you never reach [3].
It is not immediately apparent that you would activate any shear in your example script.

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/blob/master/pkg/dem/ViscoelasticPM.cpp#L279
[2]https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/blob/master/pkg/dem/ViscoelasticPM.cpp#L66