Re: [Question #691171]: add uniform fibers to the cylinder-shape specimen

Hanying Zhang gave more information on the question:
Hi Jan,

> what does "uniform" mean? the same sizes? uniformly distributed sizes?
uniformly distributed orientations?

"uniform" means that the possibility of the position of fibers occurring
in the specimen is equal at every spot. and there are different sizes of
fibers, the orientations of the  fibers are random, just like a real
specimen that you mix fibers with sand well, fibers' position are
uniform and the orientations are random.

>  Alternatively you can approximate the cylinder as a clump made of
spheres.

 I want to simulate quartz sand which was reinforced with discrete
polypropylene fibers with the average dimensions 12 mm in length, 0.0015
mm in diameter, and with specific density of 0.91, tensile strength of
460 MPa and elastic modulus of 3.5 MPa. The fiber content used in the
experiments was 0.15, 0.25, 0.35 and 0.5% by weight of sand.

The specimens were statically compacted in three layers into a 39.1 mm
diameter by 80 mm high split mold.

"the average dimensions 12 mm in length, 0.0015 mm in diameter" I think
its not working with clumps.

thank you soooooo much, waiting for your reply.

xxxe