[Question #691386]: Modelling granular materials with capillary forces

Hi all,

I am a new YADE user. The purpose of my internship is to follow the slip between two layers of spheres depending on the angle of inclination of the support, the first layer being fixed, and the second subjected to capillary and gravitational forces.

In the first step, I created a base layer by filling a box, then sedimentation by gravity until the spheres (fixed) stopped. I saved simulation 1 (O.save ("1st-step.yade"))

In the second step, I called the simulation 1st-step.yade (O.load ("1st-step.yade")), then I created a repository of a layer of spheres of different size and less dense (which will be mobile). I saved simulation 2 (O.save ("2st-step.yade"))

Now, I want to introduce the capillary forces, but it turns out that I face several difficulties:

 1) The use of Law2_ScGeom_CapillaryPhys_Capillarity:

How to generate a set of capillary files M (r = i) (for example, for another wetting angle other than zero) ?.

2) How can I introduce capillary forces to avoid segmentation errors?

cordially