[Question #691610]: Magnitude of contact normal force

I am working on a triaxial compression test using rigid walls under 100 kPa confining pressure, and I am interesting to see the contact normal force distribution. I use i.phys.normalForce.norm() to get ForceN of each sphere-sphere contact. Here I got the following questions:

1. The maximum normal contact force I got is about 40 N (under 100 kPa confining pressure), while the data I found in other papers usually could be several kN (such as 8 kN). Why there is such a big difference?

2. I guess one possible reason might be the young's module (E) of the material. But I use E = 2e8 Pa which is at the same magnitude of the E used in the papers I refer to, it should not lead to such a difference.

Do you have any ideas of why the forceN I get is so low? Or the result is just like this?

Many thanks!
Leonard