Re: [Question #691584]: About periodic simple shear

Lei Hang is still having a problem:
Hello

Excuse me. I find I don't understand the non-zero term is at index(0,2)
in the answer. How to associate the non-zero term with the index? Thanks
so much!

"> O.cell.velGrad=Matrix3(0,0,.1, 0,0,0, 0,0,0)
> Here, how to determine it shears in xz?
> Why is it in the xz plane rather than in other planes?

because the only non-zero term is at index (0,2), corresponding to xz
(0=x,2=z) shear component, which is shear in xz plane."