Re: [Question #691560]: contact normal is not spherical

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Thanks for the code

> for i=pi/18:2*(pi/36):(2*pi)
>     for j=pi/18:(pi/18):(pi)
>         A(hang,5)=length(find(PHI(:)>ic&PHI(:)<i&Theta(:)>jc&Theta(:)<j)); %Distribution to different bins

I don't think uniform separate distribution of theta and phi are correct here.
Such division has higher "area" around equator and lower "area" near poles (just have a look at the "globus earth model" with meridians and parallels).
This implies, that there is higher probability of normals to fall into equator bin than to the polar bin.
I.e., you should have bins with more normals near equator and less normals near poles.
Is this what you are observing?

cheers