Re: [Question #691808]: Mesoscale modeling in YADE

> the connection of particles with a different material is considered
average (in YADE)

No. USUALLY the average is taken BY DEFAULT.
- You can use MatchMaker [1,2] at some places to define another law (minium, maximum, harmonic mean...)
- You have full control about the values in the source code.
- Finally, you can change interaction parameters from Python [3,4]

> How to modeling concrete particles in the meso level (3-phase
material) with YADE?

there are maaany options and possibilities. In general, this question is
independent of Yade. If you get answer with DEM in general, YADE either
can do it or can be adjusted (in some cases with the risk of new time-
consuming implementation).

> Should particles at the macro-scale level be changed to mesoscale
first?

Sorry, I did not get it..

> Could anyone help me with the problem?

See e.g. my approach [3,4]:
- create ordinary homogeneous concrete model with cohesive bonds, matching properties of mortar
- identify DEM particles belonging to aggregates
- change properties of aggregate-aggregate interactions to match aggregate properties
- change properties of aggregate-mortar interactions to match interface properties

cheers
Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.MatchMaker
[2] https://gitlab.com/yade-dev/trunk/-/blob/master/examples/ViscElMatchMaker.py