Re: [Question #692122]: how to add cohesion between box and spheres

Yuxuan Wen posted a new comment:
Hello Jérôme,

1) Doing so, you're not adding anything, you're modifying something which has already been computed by YADE.

Thank you for replying, now I understand the simulation loop shown in the documentation and the  mechanism to calculate body movement in YADE.  It seems that  i) the interaction force is calculated based on the bodies' position (hence the interaction); ii) then other forces (gravity, BCs) are added on the bodies; iii) then the movement of bodies is calculated by NewtonIntegrator.

2) Not really understood, sorry :-)

What I want to figure out is answered in your replying in 1), thank you
very much!

May I ask you another question, that how do you think is appropriate to add cohesive force between spheres and the box plate to avoid bouncing?  Change the material from FrictMat to CohFrictMat?

Kind Regards,
Yuxuan