Re: [Question #692351]: Plate for three point bending load application

chanaka Udaya posted a new comment:
Dear Dr. Jan,

yes  I can use a box.many thanks!

>>Using randomDensePack, the surface is unrealistically rough anyway..

That's the problem. initially I wanted to prepare sample with radius
expansion method. and I have used 6 walls to create the beam with radius
expansion method. But, to have a rectangular notch with 3mm width in the
middle was difficult. notch was irregular shape.

the procedure as follows,
After creation of the beam using radius expansion method. I have exported particle positions and radius  in to a separate file. Next, imported into the new file with particle location and radius and appended in to the new simulation using yade.ymport function.Afterwards created a bounding box with 3mm with and 50mm height and 50m length.  the particles which have their centrod inside the bounding box , deleted to obtain the notch.

Is there a way to create a  rectangular notch in the middle with nearly
smoother boundary?

Thanks
Chanaka