Re: [Question #692194]: Body temperature rise higher than thermalBndCondValue

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello Jiannan,

I think one of your main issues is that you are not updating the
triangulation often enough (meshUpdateInterval). But another is that
your processes are on two incredibly different scales. Heat is slow.
Elastic waves are fast. It is important to understand what regime you
are in, which regime you want to be in, and how to get there. If you
want to be in a quasistatic regime, then you can safely scale the
density. This will let you take larger (stable) time steps to resolve
the heat transfer. Please read the paper associated with ThermalEngine
to become better acquainted with how these processes work and the
methods driving them [1].

Another problem is that you are setting all the bodies to non-dynamic.
That means you do not care about the mechanics. But I don't think that
is the case, since you told me you are trying to simulate THM.

Another problem is that your packing is being stochastically generated -
hard to really debug anything when the packing changes each run. You can
use the seed argument of makeCloud to avoid this.

I guess there might be many other issues with your script. But you are
requesting to run a fully coupled THM sim and so it is probably easier I
just post another example script showing that, so I went ahead and did
that [2].

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0045782520304771?via%3Dihub