[Question #692945]: How many threads should be selected to achieve the best speed?

Hello
I am confused about OpenMP threads in Yade

1. In my understanding, the number of cores and threads are different, with two threads per core, but the doc notes that -j and --cores seem to be equivalent? Shouldn't -j be double --cores?

2. I also found something in https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/681609, for example, my cpu is i9 10900, 10-cores and 20-threads. So, what number should I use in "-j" "--cores" "OMP_NUM_THREADS" respectively??

Thank you for your help,
Wangyu