Re: [Question #692945]: How many threads should be selected to achieve the best speed?

Wang Yu is still having a problem:
Thanks Jan,

I have just tried some simulations. I use different "-j" and "--cores"parameters and found that :
When I use "-j 20" the speed is fastest.  But whether it's '--cores=20' or '--cores=10' or whatever number, the computing speed remains mediocre, show little acceleration.
I want to know why it's different from doc's description, why the speeds are different with -J and --cores?

Also, as you said, why isn't speed the best when using the maximum
number of threads?I hope you can give me a brief explanation.

Best regards
Wangyu