Re: [Question #692956]: Implementing orbital motion

Robert Caulk requested more information:
Hello,

I am a little confused.

>The CentralGravityEngine will not work because the length scale
involved would be of the order of 6000km, so I may not be able to use
the viewer to check the motion

Even if what you say is true (which seems odd to me), why should that
prevent you from using CentralGravityEngine? There are plenty of ways to
"see" motion without physically observing it in a window.

>I thought I could use the forceEngine, but it appears it can only apply
a constant force.

You can change/turn off the applied force at any time step you like.

>FieldApplier looks promising, but how do I use it?

I don't think FieldApplier should be used directly. But I really don't
know why you believe it looks promising. Please provide links to
everything you reference. What are you reading? Where are you reading
it? Otherwise we are just guessing at what you are referring to.

Cheers,

Robert