Re: [Question #692924]: How can I measure a flux?

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
> How can I measure the velocity of the flow in a particular point of
this fracture?

You can extract the velocity of an individual cell  using
getCellVelocity [1].

>Is there any relation between flow velocity and the flux through the
fracture? Physical equation or so...?!

You can integrate the velocity within a region of interest to get the
flux passing the boundary of that particular region. If you know which
cells comprise your region, you use [1] to get the velocity magnitude
and [2] to get the cell volume. Here is a loop on all cells in the
triangulation. You would need to add some logic to decide which cells
you want to use in your particular fracture region.

	for i in range(0,flow.nCells()):
		coords = flow.getCellCenter(i)
		velocityVector = np.array(flow.getCellVelocity((coords[0],coords[1],coords[2])))
		velMag = np.linalg.norm(velocityVector)
		cellVol = flow.getCellVolume((coords[0],coords[1],coords[2]))
		v = v + cellVol*velocityVector
		totalVolume += cellVol

	q = np.linalg.norm(v)/totalVolume
	kv = q*flow.viscosity/(delP*size_reduce)

[1]https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.FlowEngine.getCellVelocity
[2]https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.FlowEngine.getCellVolume