Re: [Question #693260]: Yade crashes at "show 3D" in Ubuntu 20.04

Janek Kozicki proposed the following answer:
Hmm. Maybe default ubuntu terminal has different handling of output
streams. Does:

find /usr -iname "_GLViewer.so*"

return nothing also? (but it might print a lot of "Permission denied"
which are useless and were removed by that `2> /dev/null` at the end of
previous command).

Well, I reproduced that crash, so even if you managed to run yadedaily,
it would still crash :) I opened an issue to fix it: https://gitlab.com
/yade-dev/trunk/-/issues/164

We can verify by looking at crash output when you start `yade -f6`
whether you have indeed latest yade version running. You should have
something like this:

<DEBUG> GLViewer:53 static void yade::GLViewer::staticCloseEvent(QCloseEvent*, int): Accept this event: Will emit closeView for view #0
<DEBUG> OpenGLManager:76 virtual void yade::OpenGLManager::closeViewSlot(int): Closing primary view.

Another thing: maybe you installed yadedaily, but not libyadedaily ? (it
shouldn't be possible to install yadedaily without libyadedaily, because
of library dependencies). Also you might try removing yade package, and
install only yadedaily (which is a bit strange solution, because the two
versions are supposed to not interfere with each other, but we are
running out of options).