[Question #693407]: Modeling a 2D box pack

I'm altering my colleague's code of a 3D cylinder model that utilizes sp.makeCloud. As a beginner user, I understand that it is "simple" code such that it only simulates randomly generated particles that fall and settle in the cylinder.

I'm trying to pivot the workspace into a simplified 2D problem.

The problem: when I change the geometry of the cylinder body from Cylinder=O.bodies.append(geom.facetCylinder((.5,.5,1),.5,2,wallMask=2|4,segmentsNumber=64, material = Mat1)) to box = O.bodies.append(geom.facetBox((0.5,0.5,0.5),(0.5,0.5,0.5), wallMask = 31, material = Mat1)), a new body is not generated.

The "show 3D" window has not generated a sphere cloud nor the new geometry.

I figured switching from a cylinder to a box should be simple, but identifying the issue has become a challenge. Once I complete this step of switching body geometry, I hope to move onto constraining axes to trick Yade into a 2D simulation.

I'll share code if requested but I understand this forum is intended for asking problems, not code vomiting :)

Let me know if there's anything I should consider to move forward. Thanks!

- Kieran (the struggling first year)