[Question #693446]: How to have viscous damping for chainedCylinder

I want to simulate the interaction between a brush and a cube in microgravity. I have made the brush using an array of chainedCylinders and the box using pfacets. The main deformation is the bending of chainedCylinders. I have noticed that during the simulation, some chainedCylinders tend to vibrate violently and sometimes they break apart. I believe I can solve this by having some sort of damping in the chainedCylinders. I do not want to use the damping newtonIntegrator engine as it is non physical and , I believe, it does not conserve the momentum of the system.

Is there a way to introduce damping into this system? I read the thread [1] 'Do we have viscous damping in CohFrictMat now?' and I tried using shear_creep. However, the chainedCylinders was deformed permanently (I think this phenomena is plastic deformation). I would like method so that damping occurs in the elastic regime.

Kind regards,
Rohit John

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/680927