[Question #693831]: How to deal with the dynamic boundary setting and the input of seismic waves in YADE

I want to model seismic wave propagation in granular soil. Unlike static analysis, fixed boundaries reflect outward propagating waves back into the model and trap energy of the outward traveling waves which may lead to great inaccuracies. Instead, nonreflecting boundaries that allow the necessary energy radiation is a better option.

I want to have a comprehensive view of how to set up the dynamic boundary and input seismic waves in terms of the discrete element method. Through other's work, I could learn how they solved these problems, but I didn't find a literature review about this problem. I would like to know which method is the most appropriate one and how to apply this method in YADE. Can someone give me some guidance?

Thanks!