Re: [Question #693937]: visualization of clustered broken bonds and the final AE events with their event magnitudes of an JCFpm model in paraview

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello Li,

Thanks for the question. For citation and reference purposes, the paper
you cite is outdated by an improved and published version [1]. Thanks
for using the new one in your reference lists :-)

>I want to show clustered broken bonds and the final AE events with
their event magnitudes

It requires some manual work in Paraview, but luckily it is pretty simple:
* Each AE in the moment file has an "eventNum" and a "moment."
* Each associated cluster of bonds all share the same "eventNum" in the interactions.

So in Paraview you simply color your bonds and moments according to
"eventNum" with a discrete color legend. You will use circle glyphs to
represent the moments and lines to represent the interactions. Then you
label the moments with their "moment" value using Paraview's point
labeling feature.

Let me know if you still have a problem making the image.

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://opengeomechanics.centre-mersenne.org/item/OGEO_2020__2__A2_0/