Re: [Question #694217]: Normal stiffness of contact under tension

Aaron Liu is still having a problem:
Hi Jan,

Thank u so much for your kind reply. It is really helpful for
understanding.

>However, for simple models, the stiffness of compression and tension equals, which is just from the definition of elastic material.
If you need different behavior, you have to use some more fancy material models.

Does it mean that the whole material is made of the same material? I was
wondering that when the mechanical properties(Elastic modulus and
strength) of bonding material is distinct from particle material, like
assume the bonding material is very soft and particles are tough, what
material model and the physical module would be better satisfied?

Cheers,
Aaron