Re: [Question #694208]: particle blow up

> how can we get the real penetration resistance when the penetrator
penetrates into the sample?

using PFacets

> As for the PFacets, does this will solve the sphere-edges/sphere-vertices contact problem?
> or what is the effect of using PFacets? can you explain more about this?

The main purpose of PFacets (IMO) is to improve this facet behavior.
PFacets consist of vertex/node - edge - facet hierarchy.
If the contact od of sphere-vertex type, the interaction is considered with this one vertex, not any more with more vertices or edges of facets.
If the contact is of sphere-edge type, the interaction is considered with this one edge, not any more with more facets.
Finally the sphere-face type of contact is handled naturally.

So for this problem, pfacets are worth to try at least.

cheers