[Question #694288]: Crop a specific range of the imported packing and distribute it to a specific position

Dear all,

I am trying to simulate a direct shear experiment on a dense packing with particle size distribution (PSD).
For creating a dense packing with PSD, I use makeCloud to generate a loose packing first and then apply isotropic compression to the packing.
To save time for each simulation, I first create a massive loose packing, and after isotropic compression, I export the dense packing as a list for further simulation.

My question is, how do I crop this massive packing into a smaller desired size of packing and distribute it to the position I want?
The purpose of doing this is to achieve identical thickness of the packing for each simulation since different PSD can result in different layer thickness after isotropic compression.

For example, if there is a list of packing with the size of (0,0,0) to (5,5,5) and I want to import this packing in a smaller size of range from (1,1,1) to (4,4,4) and get rid of the rest of packing. After that, I want to distribute this specific size of packing to the position of (10,10,10) to (13,13,13). How can I do to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Chien-Cheng