Re: [Question #694335]: Triaxial test using polyhedral particles

> I am new user of YADE

welcome :-)

> the following is my code

please post the code in the form of MWE [1] M=minimal, W=working, such that we can try the code ourselves.
Without it, often we can just guess..

> 1- Is it possible to use polyhedral shapes using periodic boundary
conditions?

yes
###
from yade import polyhedra_utils
mat = PolyhedraMat()
p1,p2 = [polyhedra_utils.polyhedra(mat) for _ in (0,1)]
p1.state.pos = (1,2,2)
p2.state.pos = (19,2,2)
p1.state.vel = (1,0,0)

O.bodies.append((p1,p2))

O.periodic = True
O.cell.setBox(4,4,4)

O.engines=[
    ForceResetter(),
    InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Polyhedra_Aabb()]),
    InteractionLoop(
       [Ig2_Polyhedra_Polyhedra_PolyhedraGeom()],
       [Ip2_PolyhedraMat_PolyhedraMat_PolyhedraPhys()],
       [Law2_PolyhedraGeom_PolyhedraPhys_Volumetric()],
    ),
    NewtonIntegrator(),
]

O.dt = 3e-5
###

2)
> However, when I run the simulation I get a warning saying that the verletDist is set to 0 because no spheres are found

it is just warning :-)
Collider with default verletDist expects some spherical particles.
set InsertionSortCollider([...],verletDit=0)
to hide the warning.

> I created walls using aabbWalls
> and the walls move with no contacts with the particles

aabbWalls create 6 Boxex, not actually Walls.
You have no box-polyhdron Ig2 in your engines.

cheers
Jan

[1] https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.utils.html#yade.utils.aabbWalls