Re: [Question #694379]: How to freeze the particles in the imported dense granular packing

> Is it possible that I can save a stress-free packing?

yes.
But saving is the least part of the job, first you have to create such packing :-)
One option is to decrease radius of all particles such that the resulting packing has no overlap.
Or move particles somehow (e.g. central affinity) such that particles have no overlap.
Or ...

In any case, you have to somehow modify the not-stress-free packing, but
some of the modifications may be considered negligible (I expect
overlaps much much smaller than particle size, so changing particle's
radii by some factor of overlap may be OK)

> Or by any chance that I could temporarily remove the repulsive forces,

this can be somehow tricked (blocking DOFs, increasing mass, decreasing stiffness...), but you should know why you do such modification.
I expect there are more "natural" solutions to the problem.

> do the isotropic compression, and then recover the initial repulsive
forces (just a thought)?

Why do you need to recover the repulsive forces after compression?
The compressed packing has their natural forces and positions, "unrelated" to the original input.

> I've tried that but the simulation does not really get better since
the real problem is that the moving particles would always go through
the boundary walls. I've tried to increase the stiffness of the walls
but still get the same. Do you have any idea about this?

please provide the code you use for this case, otherwise it would be
mere guessing..

cheers